Monday, December 1, 2008

MY THANKS ALSO

After reading Doug's post I got to thinking about the "Rogers" experience our Thanksgiving was. I'm stunned how everyone just rolled with the flow. How many families would have declared their Thanksgiving a disaster after the things we went through? Even though the food was delicious, the fellowship remarkable, and everyone was there, all it would have taken was one person going off the deep end to send things into a tailspin. What remarkable people you all are! I have friends who see family as an unpleasant obligation. I can't think of a better legacy for Mom and Dad than to have a family that chooses to be together with love and laughter.

1 comment:

Chrissi said...

I couldn't agree more. I love that our family loves to be together. I'm filled with nothing but warm fuzzy feelings when I think about Rogers family get togethers. I too know many people who are not fortunate enough to have families as wonderful as ours. I feel overwhelming happiness at the thought of bringing another family memeber into the fold. (Less than 4 more months!) I can't wait to see you all again!